Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year

So I told myself I'd start a blog this year, and here I am actually following through on it. I think maybe I did it right away just so I could say I did something I told myself I was going to in the new year. In typical Mark late bloomer fashion, I am coming late to the blogging game, but fuck it, I've always found things in my life when the time was right for me to do so, and never appreciated them any less for not having found them sooner. I used to write super obsessively in blank notebooks in tiny, tiny print about everything that was going on in my life. One book took me 8 years to finish, I'll have to post pictures of it sometime. They are pretty amazing documents of my state of mind for the better part of a decade. There was definitely something driving me to do that, to write and fill pages with details about how I felt about the minutiae of my life and emotional state. Key word in there, DRIVEN. That drive to create, output, just plain do things has been lacking in my life for a few years now. But a lot of things changed for me for the better in 2009, and there are actually projects and ideas of mine that will be bearing fruit in 2010. Time for me to be my own agent, promoter, superfan and hype man.

No comments:

Post a Comment